Hi there, welcome to my website.
Here is a Smoked Salmon recipe I created a few years ago for some Christmas Canapes.
I was starting to learn how to take close up food shots with my new Nikon camera.
That was one of the first good shots I took that got me so curious about food photography, videography and
how it could be used in a food blog.
If making a large amount you may need a small amount of gelatine and water (1 sheet dissolved per 100g) to help stabilize the sour cream and make it set.
So here is the basic recipe, make sure you keep everything very cold.
After you have tried this recipe and would like to post an image/video using our hashtag #eatntv to our Instagram feed @bestrecipeclub please connect with us and let me know, I would love to see it.
Smoked Salmon Canapes With Caviar
You must check the labels of the ingredients for common food allergens, such as dairy, eggs, gluten & wheat, sesame, sulphites, lupins, soy & soybeans, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish. While we take steps to minimize risk, manufacturers may change their formulations without our knowledge.
- Chef Knife
- Cutting Board
Sour Cream Mix
- 30 g onion red, diced
- 5 g dill fresh, bunch, diced
- 250 ml sour cream very cold
- 1 g pepper freshly ground black
- 1 g salt
- 300 g smoked salmon sliced thin
- 100 g cucumber Lebanese
- 50 g caviar lumpfish roe,
- 15 g dill fresh, dill sprigs
RECIPE COST ESTIMATE
- $19.31 total ingredient cost
RECIPE PREPARATION TIME ESTIMATE
- 18 minutes approximately
- Finely dice the red onion and dill, then mix with the sour cream and seasoning.Place into a refrigerator.30 g onion, 5 g dill, 1 g pepper, 1 g salt, 250 ml sour cream
- Slice the cucumber at an angle.100 g cucumber
- Layout the Smoked Salmon, Top with cucumber slices and sour cream mixture.300 g smoked salmon
- Roll up the Salmon topped with filling and decorate with cucumber, dill and caviar.50 g caviar, 15 g dill