Note – Best recipe club & Easy recipe app and EatnTV have merged with Recipes Live.
I tried a few different approaches but decided to focus on this website.
#bestrecipeclub #easyrecipeapp #eatntv #recipeslive
How to make lamb shanks braised in curried coconut sauce.
Here is a slow-braised lamb shanks video recipe tutorial by chef Brendan Mooney.
I like a curried lamb, but this is the best lamb shanks recipe I have tried in a long time.
Adjust the recipe serving amounts from 1 serving up to 999 servings, and you will see the food cost change to give you an estimate.
This lamb shanks recipe costs $9.00 – $10.00 to make.
You can search for recipes by food cost to help you stay on a budget.
Please rate and share this recipe, and give our social media channels a visit and like.
How to make the curried lamb shank dish.
Star by ticking the required ingredients on the recipe app and saving them to your shopping list.
Prepare the ingredients while cooking the dish.
1st, heat a pot on the stove while you slice the onions.
This is an updated recipe for 2023
It is best to follow the video. Seal up the lamb shanks in a heavy-duty pot.
Curried Lamb Shanks
You must check the labels of the ingredients for common food allergens, such as dairy, eggs, gluten & wheat, sesame, sulphites, lupins, soy & soybeans, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish. While we take steps to minimize risk, manufacturers may change their formulations without our knowledge.
- Stainless Steel Pot
- Chopping Board
- Chef Knife
- Double Boiler
- 5 ml oil vegetable
- 50 g onion brown, peeled and sliced
- 375 g lamb shanks 375g each, 13oz approx, trimmed
- 80 g celery chopped
- 80 g carrot peeled and chopped
- 100 ml beef stock Campbells
- 5 leaves basil fresh
- 80 g broccolini baby broccoli trimmed
- 1 tbls curry paste Massaman
- 80 ml coconut cream
- 5 ml lime juiced
- 5 ml soy sauce
total food cost
Preparation Time Estimate
- Heat and oil a heavy pot.5 ml oil
- Peel and slice the onions. Saute the onions in hot the oil.50 g onion
- Trim the lamb shanks, then seal lamb shanks to colour and retain moisture.375 g lamb shanks
- Add the curry, coconut cream, stock, carrots and celery to the dish.80 g celery, 80 g carrot, 1 tbls curry paste
- Simmer lamb shanks for 90 minutes.
- Add lime juice and coconut cream. Bring to a simmer.100 ml beef stock, 80 ml coconut cream, 5 ml lime, 5 ml soy
- Skim off excess fat and oil. Bring the sauce to a boil and reduce the sauce.
- Add fresh basil leaves to your simmering lamb shanks, and boil rapidly to reduce the sauce.5 leaves basil
- Add broccolini pieces to a simmering pot of hot, salted water. Cook the broccoli for 3 minutes.80 g broccolini
- Get a large bowl ready to plate up. Plate up the dish, starting with the broccolini, then add the lamb and sauce
- Finish the lamb shanks dish with a basil flower, and garnish on top.