This is a Mediterranean-inspired dish, savoury Canape dish.
Greate for a game day, party food catering and as a bar snack.
This is how to make some trays of savoury canapes with ham, kalamata olive, artichokes, roast red capsicum, Neopolitan sauce and cheese.
Make sure you use quality kalamata olives; it’s worth the extra expense.
How to get started with this savoury dish.
Cut the ham slices into julienne ribbons, place them into a stainless steel mixing bowl.
Add the shredded Tasty cheese to the tartlet filling.
Dice the seeded kalamata olives. make sure you pay for quality, or just don’t bother making the dish.
Then julienne the roasted red capsicum and add it to the mix.
Add chopped cooked artichokes.
Start mixing up the savoury canapes tartlets filling.
Next, spray the muffin tray with canola oil.
Measure pastry into nine portions per sheet and cut them out.
Cut up puff pastry into tart-size portions.
Place puff pastry pieces into canapes or muffin trays.
Then using a size 24 ice-cream scoop, fill the tartlet bases with the savoury mixture.
The mixture is ready, start cooking the canapes.
Cook the savoury canape tartlets at @180 C/ 350 F for 15-20 minutes.
And remember to always start with a hot oven as all that cold food will reduce the temperature in the oven very quickly.
After 15 minutes or so,serve the hot savoury canape tartlets to a drooling audience.
Hot Savoury Canapes Recipe
You must check the labels of the ingredients for common food allergens, such as dairy, eggs, gluten & wheat, sesame, sulphites, lupins, soy & soybeans, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish. While we take steps to minimize risk, manufacturers may change their formulations without our knowledge.
- Muffin Tray
- Chef Knife
- Cutting Board
- Serving Platter
- 200 g ham sliced, leg ham
- 150 ml neopolitana sauce
- 150 g cheese shredded, tasty
- 150 g olives chopped, kalamata
- 150 g capsicum roasted and chopped
- 150 g artichokes cooked and chopped
- 10 ml canola oil spray
- 500 g puff pastry sheets, 1k x 6 packs
total food cost
Preparation Time Estimate
- Introduction to recipes.live savoury tarts or canapes recipe video.
- Cutting ham slices into julienne ribbons, place them into a stainless steel mixing bowl.200 g ham
- Chef Brendan Mooney adding Neopolitan sauce.150 ml neopolitana sauce
- Chef adding shredded Tasty cheese to the tartlet filling.150 g cheese
- Chef dicing and adding kalamata olives.150 g olives
- Chef Brendan Mooney slices and ads roasted red capsicum.150 g capsicum
- Add chopped cooked artichokes.150 g artichokes
- Mixing up the canapes tartlets filling.
- Chef Brendan Mooney spraying the muffin tray with canola oil.10 ml canola oil
- Chef Brendan Mooney cuts up puff pastry into tart size portions.500 g puff pastry
- Chef Brendan Mooney places puff pastry pieces into canapes or muffin trays.
- Chef Brendan Mooney using a size 24 ice-cream scoop fill the tartlet bases with the savoury mixture.
- Chef Brendan Mooney cooks and serves the savoury canape tartlets.